The New Grammar School 1926

The New Grammar School 1926
New Grammar School
New Grammar School
Front of Grammar School, built 1927 | Jesse Taylor
Front of Grammar School, built 1927
Jesse Taylor

In 1919 the Governors of the School agreed the purchase of land known as “Church Piece” from Mr Dudley Haydon for £1,300.  The land was “14 acres, 2 rods 7 perches” in area and Mr Haydon had bought the land from the Revd George Edward Hitchcock in October 1918.  The property was formerly part of the Glebe lands of the Benefice of Chipping Campden and the sale was made under the Glebe Lands Act 1888.

The Governors at this time were Maye Emily Bruce, Edward George Spencer Churchill, John Henry Clark, John Henry Dewhurst, John Marsh Dixon, Herbert Lionel Drake, Josephine Dora Griffiths, George Edward Hitchcock, Horace West Household, Philip Lewis, Julius Robert Neve, Mabel New, Hon. Charles Hubert Francis Noel, Thomas Eyre Robbins, Henry Sewell, Edith Stanley, William Stokes.

In 1927, the Governors let approximately 2 acres of this land to Reginald Richard Smith for one year at a rent of £4/10/-.

This page was added on 28/02/2014.

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *