With a view to promoting still further competition, the school is now divided into two Houses. These are named after the founder of the school, John Fereby, and Sir Baptist Hicks, who renewed the lost endowment at the beginning of Charles the First’s reign. Each house has chosen its own head and captain of games and a representative council. For Fereby, Ellis and Walker hold office, whilst Reid (at present head of the school) and Leech (at present captain of hockey) govern Hicks. A challenge trophy is being procured for annual competition.
Two Houses Created at Campden Grammar School 1915
EJ Report. (Copyright EJ.) December 1915
Transcribed by Tess Taylor
This page was added on 03/03/2015.