William Charles Leech
Paul R Hughes
Inns of Court Officers’ Training Corps
William was the second of four sons of Mr. S. Leech, a banker, of Buenos Aires, Argentina. He was educated at Campden Grammar School with his three brothers, Samuel Brice, Albert Alexander and Edgar George. He was Head Boy in 1917 and 1918.
When the war started in 1914 William was still at school but he joined the Cadet Force with his brothers. In 1918 he joined the Inns of Court Officers’ Training Corps but the war ended before he was commissioned and posted overseas.
William’s brother, Albert Alexander, died on 4 January 1975 and is buried in St. James’s churchyard.